PING

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Mar 22 23:37:29 UTC 2001

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 12:21:37PM -0800, Fritsch Jonathan D CONT PSNS wrote:
>   I've setup my internet and external DNS server, and the internet DNS work
> great.  I can ping the inside world and the outside world.  But I'm unable
> to ping from my firewall with my external DNS server.  I can however do an
> nslookup on my firewall.
>   What is making it so that I can ping?
>
> - Jonathan

I'm afraid that I don't understand the above.  Some parts appear
contradictory.  If you could break this down into smaller parts, and
more of them, so that someone who is not as intimately familiar with
your setup as you are could understand it, then maybe someone on this
mailing list could answer whatever question you were trying to ask.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B