DNS database schema

Jean-Christophe Smith jsmith at publichost.com
Fri Mar 23 02:28:58 UTC 2001

hello,

I'm going to be storing all my zone information in a SQL based retlational
database. I've thought of a few ways I could represent the DNS
heirarchy/resource records/labels in many assorted and normalized tables.
However, I would prefer not to re-invent the wheel if there are already
standards or schemas that have been adopted by other DNS products. I think I
remember seeing an RFC addressing a possible LDAP schema, but not any
relational database type schemas(tables, fields, indexes).

This might be off topic, but I'd appreciate any input provided.

Jean-Christophe Smith
Senior Software Engineer
jsmith at publichost.com
VitalStream