implemented SNMP MIB

kevind at sea.checkpoint.com kevind at sea.checkpoint.com
Fri Mar 23 19:27:34 UTC 2001

At 02:43 AM 3/23/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>I work with Bind 8.2.3. I would know the exact list of implemented SNMP
>MIB in addition of the standard MIB II given by the RFC 1158. Does Bind
>implement specific MIB ? If the answer is "yes", how to get them ?

The IETF specified a DNS Server & Client SNMP MIBs
in RFC 1611 & RFC 1612.

None of the ISC versions of BIND (V 4.X.X, 8..X.X and 9.1.X) implement
the DNS MIB's.

CheckPoint's Meta IP DNS Product  Based on ISC BIND 8.2.3,
implements a large subset of the DNS Server MIB.

The IETF DNSEXT Working Group has slated the RFC 1611 & 1612
to be marked has Historical and not proceed on the Standards track.
This means that it is very unlikely that anyone will implement these MIBs.

-Kevin
http://www.checkpoint.com/products/metaip/index.html