erroe when loading

Support andy at crystalhosting.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 11:50:55 UTC 2001

From: roy at node10c4d.a2000.nl [mailto:roy at node10c4d.a2000.nl]On Behalf Of
Sent: 27 March 2001 13:36
To: Support
Cc: Roy Arends
Subject: RE: erroe when loading

>         type slave;
>         file "S/";
>         masters {
>         ;
>         };
>
> thanks

Anytime :-)

You have to remove the following lines from your named.conf.zones:

634: zone "" {
635:         type slave;
636:         file "S/";
637:         masters {
638:         ;
639:         };
640: };

This zone-statement is useless. This is an empty zone statement for a
slave. The master does not exist. The file does not exist. The zone does
not exist. Removing this will not change the standard behaviour of the
name-server.

I suspect that this statement is entered in the config-file by some
automated script. You probably have a lot of zone-files, and use some
administrative tool to handle them. In that case, the script allows you to
enter an empty zone statement. I suggest to have the script fixed by the
original author of it (or fix it yourself).

If you don't want to remove it, for future use, you can
"outcomment" them like:

#zone "" {
#        type slave;
#        file "S/";
#        masters {
#};

Regards,

Roy Arends
Nominum.

PS. This is off-list so if this fixes your problem, please let
"bind-users" know what the solution was. Future readers of archives might
have a similar problem. Normally I can not answer questions off-list, but
this was an interesting problem :-)