Bind 9 aware DNS management tools

James A Griffin agriffin at cpcug.org
Wed Mar 28 02:47:18 UTC 2001

Bob,

I have just finished (I think) updating 'doc' to work with DiG version
9.+.  My effort is in support of Brad Knowles, the current maintainer
for 'doc'.  I'll be sending it to him when I finish reading the list
tonight.  At the moment Brad is unable to test my changes.  You can find
'doc-2.1.4', a BIND8 only version at Brad's site
(http://www.shub-internet.org/brad/dns/index.html).

Because of the changes in DiG's command line options, and the format of
version 9.+ only tool.

'doc' is a 'csh' script with 'awk' helper programs.  It runs on my
RedHat and Mandrake distributions.  I have not tried it on a Solaris
box, but would if asked.

If you want to help test, send me a note.

Regards,
Jim