thoughts for a fake domain

Roy Arends Roy.Arends at nominum.com
Wed Mar 28 15:55:32 UTC 2001

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Maximo Ramos wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Thanks for your kind and quickly reply!
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 05:12:34PM +0200, Roy Arends wrote:
> > If you want to be sure that you choose an unused domain, try being your
> > own tld. A config example for bar could be:
> >
> > zone "bar" {
> >         type master;
> >         file "db/bar";
> > 	allow-query { local_net; }
> > };
>
> I can figure out the contents of db/oficina.org but how about the db/bar
> file? How would it look like?

This is my db/test file (yes, I use a fake tld just for testing)

%cat db/test

$ORIGIN test.
$TTL 1d
@ IN SOA ns1 root.localhost. 2001032809 8h 2h 1w 1d
     NS  ns1
     NS  ns2
ns1  A   192.168.0.2
ns2  A   192.168.0.253

I know this looks ugly, but lets just call it an excersize for the reader
:-)

Regards

Roy Arends
Nominum