NS record question

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu Mar 29 11:59:03 UTC 2001

At 6:35 PM -0500 3/28/01, Kevin Darcy wrote:

>  Such a utility could be used for nefarious purposes, of course. But
>  then, folks shouldn't be hiding behind fudged "version" strings anyway.
>  That just gives a false sense of security.

	I'm quite certain that tools to do this kind of fingerprinting
already exist.

	The difference is that they are not widely distributed within the
"white hat" community, and therefore I believe that many people have
a false sense of security with regards to whether or not the specific
version they are using can be detected.

	The sooner tools like this get more widely distributed within the
"white hat" community, the better.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */