Domain Wildcarding

Bob Steele rsteele at 1stlink.net
Thu Mar 29 12:31:21 UTC 2001

Razvan, the purpose is to setup a bogus name server that will force inquiries
onto a specific web page regardless of the domain that the user enters into his
browser.  I know it is possible to specify sub domains with a wild card inside
the zone files. For example:   "*."  IN  A   123.456.789.012 which will catch
abc.example.com and xyz.example.com.  But in this case it's desirable to treat
example.com and xyz.org the same.   This is not intended to be used for the
general public, just a certain type of internal traffic.
Bob Steele
email: rsteele at 1stlink.net