zone transfer problem

Stanley Liu stanley.liu at tmca.com.au
Thu Mar 29 23:58:40 UTC 2001

Danny Mayer wrote:

>         Were you able to make any progress with your problems with BIND?
> Did you get a chance of trying any of my suggestions?
>
>                 Danny
>
> I have upgraded my name server to BIND 8.2.3-NT3 and the errors now have an error
> code in there:
>
> 28-Mar-2001 12:11:53.000 zone transfer (AXFR) of "tmca.com.au" (IN) to
> [192.168.80.15].3490
> 28-Mar-2001 12:11:54.000 stream_getlen([192.168.80.15].3490): Errcode: 2: No such
> file or directory

I have increased the pagefile size of the master and I still have the same number of
errors.  I am starting to think it is the slaves who have the problem.  What bugs me
was that those three name servers are controlled by three distinct parties and they
all have problems.  The only name servers that can do zone transfer with no problem
are the servers that I controlled.  What's more, someone must have this problem
before.  It is just straight forward zone transfer.

Thanks for your follow-up.

--

Stanley Liu
stanley.liu at tmca.com.au

                               DISCLAIMER
* This email and any attachment may contain confidential information.
  If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to copy
  or disclose all or any part of it without the prior written consent
  of Toyota.
* Opinions expressed in this email and any attachment are those of the
  sender and not necessarily the opinions of Toyota.
* Please scan this email and any attachment for viruses.  Toyota does
  not accept any responsibility for problems caused by viruses, whether
  it is Toyota's fault or not.