How to clear name cache on sun solaris?

Waltner, Steve swaltner at lsil.com
Fri Mar 30 14:10:04 UTC 2001

The man page says "nscd -i hosts" will do it, but I've never gotten that to
work on my Solaris 2.6 systems. One time, it appeared that a "touch
/etc/hosts" on the system cleared the cache, but that didn't seem to do it
now, so I think it was just coincidence. The sure fire way is
"/etc/init.d/nscd stop; /etc/init.d/nscd start" which will stop and start
the name caching daemon.

Steve