scaling of DNS & mail servers

Nick Simicich njs at scifi.squawk.com
Fri Mar 30 18:44:13 UTC 2001

At 08:12 AM 3/30/2001 -0500, Thomas Duterme wrote:

>Oops, sorry.  The throughput for each server on a busy day is about
200-250K messages/day.

There is a long discussion of mail servers and scalability going on on the
postfix users mailing list.  Effect of logging options, filesystem changes,
comparisons to qmail, etc.  Might be interesting to read the archives.
http://www.postfix.org, I think.

--
We will fight for bovine freedom, And hold our large heads high.
We will run free, with the buffalo or die! Cows with Guns.
Nick Simicich mailto:njs at scifi.squawk.com
http://scifi.squawk.com/njs.html -- Stop by and Light Up The World!