How to clear name cache on sun solaris?

Chip Old fold at bcpl.net
Sat Mar 31 03:09:22 UTC 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Kevin Darcy wrote to BIND-Users:

> I concur, of course, with Brad's assessment of nscd being the spawn of
> Satan (although in our standard Slowlaris load, we just disable the
> hosts cache and still let it cache all the other stuff).

Which takes care of it's interference with DNS.  The passwd cache (really
just usernames) and the group cache don't seem to interfere with anything,
at least not that I've noticed on our one 8500 (+/-) user machine.  On our
name servers and most of our Web servers I just disable nscd completely
because it serves no useful purpose.

Chip Old (Francis E. Old)               E-Mail:  fold at bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services          Voice:   410-887-6180
Manager, BCPL.NET Internet Services     FAX:     410-887-2091
320 York Road
Towson, Maryland 21204 U.S.A.