Upgrading BIND

Gary Wardell gwardell at gwsystems.co.il
Tue May 1 02:29:32 UTC 2001

Hi,

I agree that you should upgrade and yes it will require some rework of the config file.

However, I am running a web server and mail server and BIND all on one box without any problem.  From what I have seen BIND really
doesn't take all that many resources.  Are you sure your mail server doesn't have a problem?  For instance I have seen SLMail
repeatedly go out to lunch and stop routing mail for no apparent reason.  We never did figure it out and subsequently went to a
different mail server that costs less and I like much better.

Gary