domain stopped resolving

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Sun May 13 00:29:08 UTC 2001

	This DNS 101.

	* The NS RRset in the parent has to be the same and that in the
	child zone.

energy.gov.             23h55m24s IN NS  NS1.ES.NET.
energy.gov.             23h55m24s IN NS  FOXBAT.DOE.gov.
energy.gov.             23h55m24s IN NS  FULCRUM.DOE.gov.

	vs

energy.gov.             1D IN NS        fulcrum.energy.gov.
energy.gov.             1D IN NS        foxbat.energy.gov.

	* NS records cannot refer to CNAMES.

fulcrum.energy.gov.     23h54m57s IN CNAME  fulcrum.doe.gov.
fulcrum.doe.gov.        23h54m11s IN A  205.254.144.110

foxbat.energy.gov.      1D IN CNAME     foxbat.doe.gov.
foxbat.doe.gov.         23h53m45s IN A  205.254.143.110

	I suggest that you get a copy of DNS and BIND and read it.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com