*class* ANY queries being denied

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Sun May 13 16:39:01 UTC 2001

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 03:04:06PM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
> 	I don't believe that there is a *class* "ANY".  The term "class"
> is reserved for things like "IN" (Internet), "HS" (Hesiod), etc....
> There is a *type* "ANY", but not a *class*.

There is an ANY QCLASS. See RFC 1035 for details or RFC2929 for a handy
reference.
If you're a Palm user I put together a MobileDB database of this kind
of thing (Queries, Classes, Types, etc) at
http://romana.now.ie/james/dns_parameters.pdb

james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's