script or command to check...

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun May 13 18:23:14 UTC 2001

At 8:43 AM -0700 5/13/01, Bill Manning wrote:

>   doc, while a fine thing, does not work with v9 distribution.
>   a varient that does work exists but is not yet in the distribution.

	Right.  I've been needing to fix this for a while.

	Okay, I've taken the version of "doc9" that James A Griffin
<agriffin at cpcug.org> contributed to me, and have made that available
at <ftp://ftp.shub-internet.org/pub/shub/brad/dns/doc9.tar.gz>.

	I have not yet been able to integrate this into the "mainline"
doc code, because I want to be able to create one program that can
detect what version of dig is being used and automatically adjust as
necessary, but folks can at least take this version and give it a try.

	Unfortunately, because I don't have a BINDv9 installation to work
with, I can't test out the version done by James.  As soon as I can
get BINDv9 installed (or at least built, so that I can use the
version of dig from it), I'll give this a try and see if I can
integrate the versions.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */