script or command to check...

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun May 13 18:27:23 UTC 2001

At 12:54 PM -0500 5/13/01, Duane Cox wrote:

>  what is this 'doc' thing?

	"doc" is a DNS debugging tool that I am responsible for
maintaining (although I haven't been doing a particularly good job
lately).

	Of all the DNS debugging tools I know of, it is the only one that
validates delegation information, and is the only one I know of that
does not require zone transfer capability in order to be able to
function.  There's lots of stuff it doesn't do, but the stuff it does
do is not covered by any other tool I know of.

>                             i assume it's not documentation..

	Correct.

>  is it in contrib?

	Yes, there should be a version in your contrib directory.

>                     I am using redhat's 8.2.3 rpm, is this in the
>  source tar.gz ?

	If you're using 8.2.3, then the version in your contrib should
work just fine.  You can also download my latest version (which works
with BIND version 8) from the directory
<ftp://ftp.shub-internet.org/pub/shub/brad/dns/>.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */