which version of bind

mmarquez at mmer.inegi.gob.mx mmarquez at mmer.inegi.gob.mx
Mon May 14 22:41:36 UTC 2001

On 14 May 01, at 20:04, Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 6:33 PM +0200 5/14/01, Markus Wolfer wrote:
>
> >  I want to set up a dns-Server on my Linux-Machine. in my Suse Linux 7.1
> >  there are 3 packages included: bind,bind8 and bind9
> >  which one shall I use?
>
> 	This doesn't tell us which specific versions of BIND are included.
>
> 	My suggestion is to forgo the RPM packages, and get the source
> for BIND 9.1.2 and build and install that yourself.  Otherwise, find
> an RPM that specifically references BIND version 9.1.2 and use that.
>
> --
by the way, very sorry for the off-topic. You say RPM... can I build
a rpm package from this source of BIND 9.1.2 with the rpm
command on RedHat 7.1? how?

I need to build it for make distribution and installation more easy to
my boys in a bind9 course...

thanks for your patience and time.

Miguel R. Marquez Bautista
mmarquez at mmer.inegi.gob.mx
Tel. (0199)45-25-00
Depto. de Telecomunicaciones y Microcomputadoras
Subdireccion de Politica Informatica
Instituto Nacional de Estadistica Geografia e Informatica