Usual way for internet hosts

syn uw syn_uw at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 04:47:09 UTC 2001

>Much of this is left up to the administrator's discretion, however there
>are
>some rules you have to follow. In particular, you *must*not* point an NS
>record
>or an MX record at an alias. So, sure, you can alias ns.mydomain.com to
>somefancyname.mydomain.com, but the name you must use in the NS record in
>that
>case would have to be somefancyname.mydomain.com. Which pretty much defeats
>the
>purpose of the alias, I would think...

I would say exactly the same because I don't want to use boring names for my
machines like ns, mail, etc. So I wanted to use some nice names and then use
the alias so that people would see this alias name but unfortunately that's
not possible. Well I'm going to rename my machines ns, etc ... I'll maybe to
the opposite have the fancy name as an alias...

Regards,
Marc