Rogue Secondaries?

Scott, Joshua Joshua.Scott at jacobs.com
Tue May 15 16:42:01 UTC 2001

Last week, after a disaster I had to move my DNS servers to a different
subnet.  I then went through the tedious process of updating Network
Solutions, and all other entities which manage either a reverse zone or a
secondary zone.  All of these tasks were completed but some clients on the
internet are still getting the old address.  What could be causing this?
Could it be secondary name servers that we do not know about?  Our
secondaries are hosted by Sprint and they claim that all secondaries have
been modified to point to the new box.  We don't have or know about any
other secondaries.  Is there a way to track down other possible secondary
name servers?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Joshua Scott
IS - Network Services
Security Systems Analyst
626-568-7024