CNAMES and OTHER data

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue May 15 20:21:01 UTC 2001

No, there is no workaround; only a fix. Replace that CNAME with an A record
and/or whatever other records you want to be owned by "foo.com".

Why do you find it "strange" for a zone-apex name to own an A record?
Zone-apex names own MX records all of the time. How is owning an A record
fundamentally different from that?

- Kevin