Upgrading BIND 8 to 9

Chat cd928plus at yahoo.com.cn
Wed May 16 10:54:26 UTC 2001

Hi, all
   I hit a trouble when I upgrade BIND from 8 to 9.
Everything looks fine except slave zone file transfer.
My primary is BIND 8, slave is BIND 9.1.2. the error
messages in the log are:

transfer of 'xxx.com' from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx#53:
receiving responses: permission denied
transfer of 'xxx.com' from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx#53:
receivin
g responses: unexpected error
refresh_callback: zone xxx.com/IN: failure for
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx#53: timed out
dumping master file: tmp-XXXX0eOgpd: open: permission
denied
transfer of 'xxx.com' from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx#53:
receiving responses: permission denied

my name.conf is
options {
        directory "/var/named";
        allow-query { xxx.xxx/xx; };
        notify-source * port 53;
        transfer-source * port 53;
        query-source address * port 53;
        transfer-format many-answers;
};

BTW, I have another slave that runs BIND 8. It work
well. Zone files transfer from primary is ok.

what's wrong with my BIND 9.1.2

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot.
Kevin