need help figuring this MX /A record query problem out

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed May 16 19:42:28 UTC 2001

At 2:14 PM -0500 5/16/01, King, John (Greg) (OAO-HOU) wrote:

>  Anyone clue me in here? Could the firewall be doing it or is it local to
>  this nameserver? If so what and how the heck do i fix it?  Thanks!

	"nslookup" is evil.  If you really want to be able to debug your
DNS, you need to use a better tool, such as "dig".  You may also want
to consider more advanced tools, such as "doc".

	Problems such as you mention can result from having caching
nameservers running different versions of BIND, among other things.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */