More on Secondary Server

Desmond Coughlan desmond at cybercable.fr
Thu May 17 15:00:39 UTC 2001

Hi AGain,
Following advice from those on this list, I have followed the instructions
at :

http://ftp.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-192.html

Now, I have one or two questions which I'd like to ask ..

First, the above file lists, in the config for /etc/domain/localhost
(which, on the server I'm configuring, will be /var/named/locahost), that
I need to add the hostname of the DNS box.  Is this the DNS box that I'm
working on, _or_ the primary, towards which I intend to point this ?

Second, the documentation isn't clear as to what I need, to configure,
when all that I need, is to set up a slave server, point it at the master,
and perform a transfer ?  That way, all the information is there already.

Can someone advise ?

Thanks.

--
Desmond Coughlan               |Restez Zen ... UNIX peut le faire
desmond at cybercable.fr          |YGL#4 YFC#1 YFB#1 UKRMMA#14 two#38