UNIX and win2k dns question

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Thu May 17 15:56:41 UTC 2001

Dale Ryon Wilhelm <dwilhelm at shell4.ba.best.com> wrote:

>with the advent of win2k it seems that they require ddns ( bind 9.x ) to
>authenticate properly on a unix dns server. i believe you have to manually
>add all the SRV RR's and AD info on the dns server for win2k to work with
>a unix box or transfer all dns functions to a win2k server. how hard is
>it to keep dns running on a unix box and what hardships ( argh ) am i
>going to face... any help would be appreciated...

I apologize to all of the long-time subscribers/readers of bind-users
who have read the following reply numerous times.

There are archives of this discussion group.  Search the archives for
Windows 2000-related postings.  There have been MANY since Mid-1999.
Barry S. Finkel
Electronics and Computing Technologies Division
9700 South Cass Avenue               Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-9689
Building 221, Room B236              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov