DNS Relay?

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at skeeve.org
Fri May 18 23:14:53 UTC 2001

I currently have 2 DNS servers housing a few hundred domains.  I am soon
going to be retiring these servers and setting up 2 new servers on a
different network, new OS, Bind 9, etc.

I want to know that when I have my bind9 server running, can I set the
current server to act as a Relay server? Sending all requests that it is
queried for - to the new server until all domains are redelegated to the
new server?

I have lots of different domains from different registries and it is
going to take a few weeks of work to get them all properly re-delegated
to the new server...

Skeeve Stevens     Email: skeeve at skeeve.org
Website: www.skeeve.org  - Telephone: (0414) 753 383
Address: P.O Box 1035, Epping, NSW, 1710, Australia