RedHat 7.1 Bind problem

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Sat May 19 01:51:47 UTC 2001

A truly concise answer isn't possible because you have omitted a very important
detail: whether your nameserver is directly connected to the Internet or not.
If directly connected, you need to configure an Internet root "hints" file. If
not directly connected, then you may need to set up "forwarding" to another
nameserver in order to be able to resolve Internet names.

- Kevin