Almost There ...

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Mon May 21 11:48:40 UTC 2001

>LOL .. do you know what was causing the problem ?  Sit down, because this
>is too fscking funny ...

not funny here

>// 127.0.0
>
>That's right, the comment.  I removed them from all files, and
>rebooted.  The 'no TTL' error went away, and instead, I got this for all
>zone files :
>
># dmesg |grep -i named
>May 21 13:01:49 dnsx /usr/local/sbin/named[173]: [ID 866145 daemon.error]
>dns_master_load: 127.0.0:1: No current owner name

the parser is finding a  ip.ad.re.ss on the left hand side in the "owner"
field, but ip´s are not valid in the owner field, so it complains.

put in the fscking // again and put

$TTL 86400

at the fscking topmost of the file

Des, you really need to RTFM just a little bit.  get the 4th edition, DNS &
BIND.

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.3 "NT3" for NT4 & W2K