Almost There ...

Desmond Coughlan desmond at cybercable.fr
Mon May 21 13:04:34 UTC 2001

Le 21.05.01, Jim Reid a écrit :

{snip}

>    Desmond> // 127.0.0

>// does not constitute a valid comment in zone files. Read RFC1035.

When I set out to read the documentation for the files, I seem to recall
seeing that the semicolon was not a valid comment.

In any case, the poing is moot, because the zone files presently have no
comments, whether with ; or // or even /*.

I was wondering ... is it because there is no semicolon at the end of TTL
and Refresh ..?

I'm going to try to put them back in (I removed them because someone
provided an example of a zone file, and they were not there).

{snip}

>    Desmond> By owner, does BIND mean file ownership ?

>No. The owner name is the actual name of the resource record: ie the
>thing at the left-hand side of a resource record in the zone file.
>If you get the above error it means your zone files are very sick.
>
>http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-192.html will tell you how to set
>up a simple name server. Go and read it and follow its advice.

I have read it.  I have it open on my screen as we speak.  One of the
problems was that I _did_ follow its advice, part of which is not relevant
to BIND 9.0

D.

--
Desmond Coughlan               |Restez Zen ... UNIX peut le faire
desmond at cybercable.fr          |YGL#4 YFC#1 YFB#1 UKRMMA#14 two#38