Second Nameserver

Michael McQuarrie metrismq at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 17:07:18 UTC 2001

I need to set up a secondary name server that would
take over in the event of a primary failure...the
catch is that in the event of the primary name server
being destroyed there is a good chance that the web
servers would be destroyed also.  That means that the
secondary would be pointing to web servers that were
not responding if It took over.  by the way the
secondary is at a different site than the primary and
web servers.  I will have the secondary also equipped
to act as a web server that can display a splash
screen that says we're having technical difficulties.
How can I in the event of a primary failure have the
secondary become SOA and point everything to itself as
the web server? if unclear let me know...

Michael McQuarrie