secondary dns question

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Mon May 21 23:43:05 UTC 2001

> my problem was i add about 50 new domains a day sometimes, which I would
> have to add to primary and secondary, so now i can add them once and it
> changes the secondary automatically

	That doesn't require both sites to be masters, though it
	works until you need to support dynamic update.

	What it does mean is that you need to automate the process
	of of adding zones so that both/all named.confs are
	automatically from the one source.

	Also the multi-master setup means that if you have a error
	in a zone file it will be propogated to all/most of the
	servers for the zone taking the zone off the air.  The
	master/slave setup does not have this problem as the slaves
	won't transfer the broken zone.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.