SOA minimum

Igor Podlesny subscr at morning.ru
Tue May 22 09:15:01 UTC 2001

Hello bind-users, ;)

      I'm relatively new to bind, and can't say I know all about
      DNS... Basic principles actually...

      My  question  is about SOA minimum field -- more precisely about
      it's  meaning.  Reading  appropriate  RFCs I found out, that the
      third  and  the  last  at the moment meaning is TTL for negative
      response caching.

      If  I  have  got  it correct it would be reasonable then to have
      MINIMUM really low, and use adequate $TTL instead.

      Opinions, ideas, thoughts? (would be really appreciated)

--
Best regards,
 Igor                          mailto:subscr at morning.ru