Multiple Domain Names to One Host File!!

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Tue May 22 23:20:19 UTC 2001

Matthew Durandetta wrote:

> Ok my boss loves registering many domains for one company.  Like 10 to 15
> for one client.
>
> So I have to maintain 15 domain names on the server.   Now it is easy to do
> because we point them to one host file for the main website in the
> named.conf file.
>
> But Some of the domain names are not showing up.  I will generate an example
> for all of you.

	Your conf file looked good, so the next question is your zone file. In the
absence of something more specific, the zone file takes its ORIGIN from the
conf file statement, so you want a zone file that looks like this:

$TTL 8h
@ IN SOA nameserver.domain.tld. hostmaster.domain.tld. (
	<Rest of the SOA> )

<zone records>

HTH,

Doug
--
    I need someone really bad. Are you really bad?