Wrong ns data

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed May 23 14:38:59 UTC 2001

At 2:53 PM +0300 5/23/01, Mihalis Tsoukalos wrote:

>  I administer a domain.
>  From two different UNIX machines (in different networks) I have the
>  following:
>  (using the host -t ns command)
>
>  Machine A:
>  Correct NS data
>  Machine B:
>  Wrong NS data (that is, it shows incorrectly the name servers of the
>  domain).
>
>  Both machines are outside my network.
>  I want to know:
>  1. Why the data is different in the two machines?
>  2. What can I do to solve it?
>  3. What caused this kind of error?

	Beats the hell out of me.  You have given us absolutely no useful
information here whatsoever, so we can't even begin to potentially
speculate.

	Tell us what the domains are, and precisely what you are seeing
on which machine, and what you should be seeing on each machine, and
maybe we could possibly help.

	If you do provide information, do *NOT* sanitize the data in any
way, or we won't be able to help you.

	By the way, you should be using real DNS debugging tools such as
"dig" and not "host" or "nslookup".

>  PS. Please note that this is extremely urgent to me.
>  PS. Please, if you can cc: your replies to my email address.

	If the problem really is that urgent, then you should never have
tried to sanitize the data in the first place.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */