Man pages

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Thu May 24 18:04:34 UTC 2001

Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 9:56 AM -0400 5/24/01, Adam Lang wrote:
>
> >  Ok, this is probably a trivial question, but how do I install the man pages
> >  for BIND 9 from source?  I've never done it before and have not seen
> >  references to it...
>
>         I don't think that there are any.  The documentation for BIND 9
> comes in the form of the Administrators Reference Manual (ARM) that
> ships in the doc/ subdirectory.

You must have less need of them than the rest of us Brad *8)

bind-9.x.x/doc/man/[bin][dnssec][lwres]

A quick glance at the Makefile leads me to suspect that it
won't install them automatically. You may want to point your
"MANPATH" at these directories, or manually "cp" the files
to relevant directories.

On my box cp *.8 /usr/man/man8 and check the file
permissions are read for group/other if you think they
should be able to read the manual), updating the index is a
good idea as well (man catman, or man whatis, or similar)

Or the terminally lazy (like me) can just "nroff -man
named.8 | more" as needed.

--
Simon Waters
Are you using the Internet to best effect ?