newbie question on dns subdomains

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu May 24 21:52:15 UTC 2001

There is a difference between subdomains and subzones. If you just want a
subdomain, define it in the regular zone file, e.g. an entry for
foo.bar.example.com in the example.com zone file creates the bar.example.com
subdomain. If you want a subzone, then delegate it from the master zone file,
wherever that is.

- Kevin