keeping RFC1918 reverse lookups in one file

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu May 24 22:37:03 UTC 2001

You can't define your own root zone, or an in-addr.arpa zone, or whatever,
without "blocking" your ability to resolve Internet names in the same
namespace. So my recommendation would be to define 10.in-addr.arpa and
whichever *.172.in-addr.arpa zones correspond to address ranges that you're
actually using (don't define 172.in-addr.arpa if you want to be able to do
reverse-lookups in the "public" part of that range). Looks like you'd only
need 2 zones currently. That's not an unmanageable number, is it?

- Kevin