Scripts to start and stop

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Fri May 25 16:18:55 UTC 2001

Adam Lang wrote:

> I did this in the init.d directory and it works, but I would like opinion if
> it is the correct way to do it

Looks pretty much the right sort of thing for a Linux box.

Nominum ship a "nanny" script to check if BIND has crashed
and restart it, under bind-9.x.x/contrib/nanny, the PERL is
self documenting.

BIND is pretty reliable, but you might consider using this
script, or other monitoring tools depending how reliable
your BIND implementation has to be. Anyway try to find out
when BIND has stopped on a box, otherwise you'll only know
when all your servers are dead and the DNS isn't working.

--
Simon Waters
Are you using the Internet to best effect ?