Scripts to start and stop

Adam Lang aalang at rutgersinsurance.com
Fri May 25 17:36:44 UTC 2001

Ok, I think I understand... for the first couple minutes I was a bit blank.

I'm on linux, so I would use -aux, correct?  The ps options that display
everything?

and the field would be 2 because the second column is what holds the pid
numbers?

so I would have soemthing like this:

$nanny_pid=`ps -aux | grep nanny.pl | awk '{print 2}'`  (would I need 2 in
quotes?)
kill -9 $nanny_pid

I'm going to try it out...

Adam Lang