The disgusting and useless nslookup (was Re: using in.named and named.boot on BIND V8)

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri May 25 21:36:20 UTC 2001

So why don't they just put an option (-uglyandbroken?) into "dig" to make it
behave like nslookup? I know this would probably offend the purists, but the
value of it would be that then all of the folks who have scripts which rely on
nslookup would only have to make a *minimal* set of changes initially, i.e.
just the command-line invocations.

I think getting rid of nslookup as a separate executable would be a big step
towards getting rid of it altogether.

- Kevin