Troubles with BIND 9.1.2...

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri May 25 22:30:01 UTC 2001

It resolves just fine for me.

Did you do the "q=any" query right *after* the other query? It's possible
that the response arrived shortly after nsloookup timed out. Which maybe
explains why the "q=any" query got the right information. You could play
around with the timeout/retry settings of your lookup tool to test this
theory.

By the way, speaking of lookup tools, you should use a real lookup tool like
"dig" instead of nslookup. At the very least, if you insist on using
nslookup, turn on debug so you can see what it's doing.

- Kevin