Views and forwarding (Bind 9.1.2)

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu May 31 20:55:50 UTC 2001

You would let people connect the same machine to the Internet *and* directly to your
internal network (albeit not at the same time)? I guess you don't care about security
very much. Those portables could easily get trojaned or virus-infected while on the
Internet. I wouldn't trust them on an internal network.

Nevertheless, it should be technically possible for any ISP that uses DHCP to provide
DNS servers as a DHCP option (IIRC option 81 (?)). Also, you didn't say what OS these
platforms were running, but isn't it possible on more recent flavors of Wintel to
specify different sets of DNS servers for different network connections?

- Kevin