need a suggestion/idea ...

Escario Julien escario at eicn.ch
Tue May 1 11:29:05 UTC 2001

Hello,
I'm using bind for 3 month now. Here's the problem I gat :
I've read in this mailling list I can declare DNS like this :

$ttl 38400
asylog.net. IN SOA primary. admin.asylog.net. (
                               985122780
                               10800
                               3600
                               432000
                               38400 )
asylog.net.     IN     NS           primary.
asylog.net.     IN     MX   10   primary.asylog.net
*.asylog.net.  IN     A             193.246.250.178
asylog.net.     IN     A             193.246.250.178

Is it good ?
Because sometimes, when I want to access something.asylog.net, the DNS
do not resolve but when I type www.asylog.net it does.
If I nslookup this on the serveur, there's no problem it resolve it !
Can it be an uncompatibility with others DNS serveur (those of my ISP)
and I can access www.asylog.net because it's in cache ???
But so, what must I do to declare the wildcard (*.asylog.net.) ?
thanks

--
Julien Escario
PandemiK - membre du groupe NeoPulsar (www.neopulsar.org)