testing the resolver

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed May 2 00:41:04 UTC 2001

The unqualified name should work with that searchlist, and obviously the fully
qualified named should work (regardless of the searchlist), but the
partially-qualified name should *not* work. Partially-qualified name searching is
evil, see RFC 1535.

How do you test it? Why don't you just ping those names (or telnet, or ftp, or
whatever)? That will use your system resolver, which is what you really want to
test, isn't it?

- Kevin