Help with Alias

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu May 3 21:39:00 UTC 2001

At 5:16 PM -0400 5/3/01, Rob Spurlock wrote:

>  So in other words, I can't really do this with Bind and DNS.  I need to fix
>  it in Apache.  Sounds like the easiest thing to do is to take intheweedz.com
>  and move it to it's own IP address, then do the DNS pointers for
>  theculinarymessenger.com to point to the new IP address or name.

	You could do that, but unless that is the one and only web site
served by the machine with that IP address, you'd still need to set
up a virtual server in Apache -- only this time, instead of tying it
to a particular domain name, you'd be tying it to a particular IP
address.

	I suggest that you do this within Apache, and quit trying to get
the DNS to do something it simply doesn't do.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */