sendto error

Hans van Leest hvleest at signet.nl
Sat May 5 12:35:58 UTC 2001

Hello,

I'm new with BIND, so I hope a small problem!
I am not sure that I've installed BIND correct. According the How-to's
it should.
-From my BIND/Gateway machine I can run nslookup, from the clients I got
an error like "Can't find server".  The resolv files are: BIND/Gateway=
search jellevanleest.com and nameserver= 127.0.0.1. The resolv from the
clients are search bind.jellevanleest.com and nameserver 192.168.100.252
(IP BIND/Gateway).
-An another error is in /var/log/messages, while starting ndc start
:sysquery: sendto([198.41.0.10]53): Operation not permitted. It looks
like a firewall block, because without firewall there's no error. In
/etc/named.conf I placed "query-source port 53; " so solve it, but it
don't.
Does somebody know where to find this problem

Thanks Hans