slave don't talk with master

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon May 7 15:26:38 UTC 2001

    Ivy> I upgraded both system to redhat7.1(bind9.1.0), but slave
    Ivy> server didn't update itself. I got messages in slave log
    Ivy> file:

    Ivy> refresh_callback: zone abc.com/IN:
    Ivy> isc_file_settime(secondary/abc.com): permission denied

Upgrade to 9.1.2. You need to do that irrespective of the above problem.
The error message is pretty clear: the name server doesn't have
permission to change the slave zone file. [You should have given its
real name, not "abc.com". I doubt if your name server is a slave for a
zone belonging to the American Broadcasting Corporation.] The reason
for the permission denied error is probably because the file or
directory ownership differs from the uid/gid of the name server
process.