9.1.2 - send: socket is not connected

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Thu May 10 15:08:06 UTC 2001

> hi mark !
>
> many thanks for fast and professional support
>
> In article <9dcksf$hbf at pub3.rc.vix.com>,  <Mark.Andrews at nominum.com> wrote:
> >
> >	Well in W2K there is 16k receive buffer, named sends bigger
> >	messages.  I suspect the 4.0 version also has a 16 buffer.
> >	Microsoft are preparing a hotfix.  In the meantime set the
> >	transfer-format to one-answer with a server clause.
>
> i tried to down the current documentation.

	The documentation is shipped with the source, look in doc.

> but without success. is ftp.isc.org an anonymous ftp-server ?
> on the web i can't find any link to the docu
>
> mayer> ftp ftp.isc.org
> Connected to isrv4.pa.vix.com.
> 220 isrv4.pa.vix.com FTP server (Version wu-2.6.1(1) Wed Mar 14 13:02:58 PST
> 2001) ready.
> Name (ftp.isc.org:mayer): anonymous
> 331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
> Password:
> 530 Can't set guest privileges.
> Login failed.

	The server is currently hosed.  Our systems people are aware of it.

> in the meantime i did like version 8 and it works:
> server 194.37.5.41
>   {
>     transfer-format one-answer ;
>   } ;

	That what you needed to do.

> to say, i didn't yet ask the other administrator, i have to do, but
> i have no more error-msg in my log file.

	Good. You should be able to check by lookup up the SOA record
	for the zone on the slave.  It should match that on the master.

		dig soa zone @slave +norec

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.