first /etc/hosts, then nameserver

felix mr.thanquol at gmx.de
Fri May 11 11:23:15 UTC 2001

ok, thx but it didn't solved my problem =(

but maybe some of you can help me with that too =)

that solaris-box is a hosted webserver which connects to an external
dns-server. I plumped the hme0 interface to
get a second address for that I now have two different addresses eq websites
on that machine.
those websites belong to different domains. ok, no big deal. BUT the
application, which is running for both websites (2 java-web
servers) need to communicat to each other by dns-name!! (not by IP-address
... that would mess the url up). Now I'm using
ssl which makes the problems, because every reverse-lookup will fail! The
ssl-engine recieves an ipaddress from that external-dns
server and checks the local machine which gives back the address of the
interface which is a different (of course, because it's in an
internal subnet ...)

any idea??

news:9dac6i$t5t at pub3.rc.vix.com...