nsupdate question

gopakumar.pillai at hybrid.com gopakumar.pillai at hybrid.com
Fri May 11 16:15:04 UTC 2001

FYI, I have a software named dnsupdate. which can update using dynamic
update. dnsupdate can create DNS tables from hosts file and its
configuration file and also maintains the tables for adding/deleting hosts,
aliases, nameservers, forward zones and reverse zones. I am sure it supports
BIND 822 and 823. U can try that on 9. Since it was created on 8.2.3
(dnsupdate v1.1) dnsupdate uses dynamic update only for hosts and aliases. I
heard on BIND 9 nameservers can be added dynamically too. This is a freeware
and is hosted on sourceforge.net. Check the site
http://dnsupdate.sourceforge.net

I have changed the nsupdate executable to a function which is in the source.
Probably u can use the function directly. The source is on the project page

Hope this helps

--Gopu